Many people in the Tampa Bay area will be the first to tell you Tampa is one of the most beautiful areas for boating in all North America. These same people will also tell you how much fun it is to spend the day out on a simple fishing boat or evenings on a yacht. There are many businesses that will take you out deep-sea fishing using their own boat and fishing equipment.
Insurance for boating
Florida is one of the states that do not have a law stating a person needs to have insurance for any boat used for personal use, but it is still a very good idea to have coverage to protect personal liability, and any injuries in case there is an event of a severe boating accident.
So, if you are a boater, whether you rent or own your boat, the value of the vessel is often high, and boat insurance will offer you a wide assortment of options when it comes to boats. There is also rental boat insurance.
Insurance coverage options for boats
These are some of the options that an insurance company such as Brandon Agency offers.
- Physical Damage Coverage – You can choose cash value, current value, replacement cost or an agreed coverage for value of your boat, trolling motors, motor, trailer, permanent portable boating equipment (subject to some limitations). Losses that are partialwill not be subject to depreciation, except for batteries, sails, canvas and coverings, outboard motors and outdrive units which are 5 years old, as well as personal watercraft.
- On-water towing and labour coverage – Coverage to aid getting you back on dry land.
- Fishing equipment coverage – protection for your rods, reels, lures, tackles boxes and electronic gear.
- Boat rental reimbursement – if your boat is disabled more than 24 hours due to loss that is covered, this will help pay for a rental boat so that you are able to get back on the water.
- Boat liability insurance – protects against any personal injury claims and for damage to others property.
- Medical payments – insurance paying for medical bills for any treatment of injuries that happened to others or to you while operating or occupying your boat.
- Uninsured boater’s coverage – protects you against bodily injury from an accident that was caused by a boater who is uninsured.